Featured Groundwater Management Projects
Todd Groundwater has a long track record of successful groundwater management projects.
- Groundwater Recharge Feasibility Study, Santa Clara County, California
- Zone 7 Water District, Alameda County, California
- San Benito County Water District, San Benito County, California
- City of Corona, Riverside County, California
- City of East Palo Alto, San Mateo County, California
Groundwater management planning in California has been conducted primarily at the local level by water agencies, acting through their own respective authorities or through the 1992 Groundwater Management Planning Act as amended. Now, the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act of 2014 — building on previous legislation and increasing the responsibilities and powers of local water and land use agencies — provides the major framework for groundwater management.
The Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) lays out a process and timeline, with specific requirements and deadlines, for local agencies to achieve sustainable groundwater management. Under the Act, Groundwater Sustainability Agencies (GSA) have been established for medium and high priority basins across California. Todd Groundwater has assisted local agencies throughout the SGMA process, with activities including:
- provision of technical support for modification of groundwater basin boundaries
- technical support for Alternative Plans
- establishment of GSAs
- technical support for coordination agreements among GSAs
- development of applications for Sustainable Groundwater Planning Grants
- preparation of Groundwater Sustainability Plans (GSPs).
Todd Groundwater has many years of experience in all aspects of preparing groundwater management plans and now, developing GSPs. In addition to management planning, we provide expertise in groundwater management implementation including managed aquifer recharge, water recycling, and monitoring.
Other Groundwater Management Services
Contact Todd Groundwater
For more information, contact Todd Groundwater